Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Better Than Chocolate...

I feel a little better. I didn't eat a crazy calorie fest either. I couldn't even think of something disgusting to eat. Oh Well. I do feel better after that dreaded phone call. Deep down inside I already knew that would be the outcome. All I'm gonna say is thank God for Craigslist & that my parents don't live in a 30 mile radius. Phew!

So, I was riding in the car yesterday & this song comes on the radio. Usually I don't listen but the IPOD is a hustle sometimes. It was about "roasting" people. I don't know if some of you are familiar with that or not. In Memphis...

Roastin': Literally means that you "got on someone" or either you cursed them out, etc.

Checkin': (Which this song is actually about) means that you & either a friend, someone you really don't like but they don't know it yet, or against someone just for sport..you basically just talk about each other. You can make reference to clothes, shoes, parents, cars, etc.

I remember the old days literally dying laughing when two people got to "checkin" each other. Some people are really good at it. When people got to doing the "lookin ass-ninja" I would about die. Do you know how many word combo's you can add "lookin-ass" to? It's infinite. Believe me.

So back to the point. This whole song consisted of combo's of "lookin-ass". I died. It brought be back to days of sitting in a classroom in BBHS. We were pretty square Catholic School students. We had to pass the time somehow. This was one of them. I don't know the name of the song. All I know is that Yung Joc is a feature in it & rather funny his self. People are actively laughing in the background & it doesn't sound like studio laughter.

Also, while riding in the car...that fuckery that R. Kelly calls a song came on. "Hair-Braider" First of all I have to address many issues in this song. "She can't take me on the weekday cause her man be tweakin" (?!?) "My hairbraida so hot I call her my booty shop" (?!?) "How convenient because when she's done I'm gonna hit like all night" (?!?) All I wanna know is, Are you getting paid in dollars or D%#k? I mean, is he serious first off though because NObody wrote that bull but him. You're not even a reputable stylists...he calls you "booty shop" to his friends. Please be getting paid Boonshika. I'm just saying.

What happened to 112? Please come back. I am holding on to the notion that I will never get any real R&B anymore. It's riddled with voice machines, corny sex references & cheesy ass lines. It used to be: Baby, come home & let me take your shoes off & rub your feet. Now it's like: Plain & Simple...Let me blow your back out then go back to the club with my boys & pick up some more breezy's. I'm just not down.

I guess that's one more random thought for the day. I think I'm going to hold off on the Vodka until Friday night. It would just be so much more sweet then. For some reason I keep thinking it is a day ahead of the day it actually is. Tomorrow is going to be a long day so I can't drown myself in Vodka tonight. I need to actually get sleep. I wish someone from "out of town" would come visit me. I need to see a new face and a reason to drink before noon on the weekend...haha.

Peace.

No comments: