Friday, June 20, 2008

My Birthday/ Major OCD

Today is the day I was born BUT not actually. Mum says I was about 15 min away from not being born on the 2oth & came about 10 days early. I was in a hurry up & wait type of mood that day.

So Ive probably mentioned that I got to see Emily King live at Lovenoise (shout out to Chip & LaSalle for keeping me on the list) Besides her being my bi-sexual love crush she is actually very talented. She's only 22 & she's definitely so New York to me. Writing skills are sick & the voice is just so damn soulful. Did I mention that beautiful guitar in the back is played by those lovely hands of hers too? Yeah, pretty mesmerizing in person as well. I request that everyone go & get her first CD. Emily King "East Side Story". It's absolutely divine. I love "Hold Me". I wish I felt like that about someone. Totally is my wedding song IF I ever get there. I also love "You Can Get By". Mainly, because Ive been through the same thing & when you realize that you can rely on yourself to fly...your eyes open up to a new world.


Also musically...I heard a song on Lil Wayne's album "Comfortable". Kanye sampled some strings in the very back. They are unchanged & original form. Where in the hell are they from music heads? I cant remember if it was from a movie or another song of his own. Either way it's making me realize I have a serious knowledge OCD. I have to find out the answer to questions. I don't like to not know. Happened to me awhile ago. I had to figure out the catcher's name that used to play for the Braves when the won the world series in like 97. I googled on a date. Prob a major turn-off if he wasn't into ALL sports. I like him for that. He wanted to know too :)


Someone tell me where those damn strings are from? I wish I just had Ye's number to call myself. It would be a lot quicker than relying on my friends who don't hear the alien sounds I hear or pick out stuff in the background of pictures or movies. I guess I'm not really looking at the same things people are. I cant tell you a damn word Lil Wayne said in the whole song because all I can hear is the strings. Real meaning of seeing sounds.


I cried today. I needed to. Just briefly. just enough to relieve the tension in my shoulders & realize I'm wayyy to blessed to stress. I have the BEST family, the BEST girls, the BEST opportunities, the BEST guys, a beautiful mind & a kind heart. Why do I ever worry?


I just work too much. Remind me to never work 12 hour days four days in a row. It manifests in my face. I will be wearing my Bare Essentials tonight. Well, that's all for now. Let me post a pic of my boo...haha.


Ill post pandemonium pics from my minstrel show house party. I'm making punch & everyone knows how I make liquor creep up on that ass. See you later.
Ms. Love

No comments: