Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Gobble-de-guck...

Why on earth did Big text me?

Big: "Hey, Love. Long time no hear."

Me: (Duh, I dont like you.-non verbal-) "Who is this?"

Big: "I guess I have the wrong number."

Me: "Dont be a jerk. I have a new phone."

Big: "Big."

Me: "Oh, hi."

Big: (No response)

None needed.

I seem to have kirked out on my lovah. Probably scared him. My monthly seemed to have put me in a very horny disposition along with the hormones & supplements I take on a daily...lol. Wow! I was having dreams and all. I guess Im not going to be getting laid anytime soon.

Insert sad face.



Oh well. I should be ok. I met a guy. He's a chef. Seems nice enough. I might be a little faster than him but I need to slow down anyway. I was sick this past weekend & he made me some veggie soup. I asked him what was in it & as he started to speak all the beautiful fluent chef words I lit up with glee. Parsnips? Have you ever heard a guy say Pasnips? Hell no! I swoon. Why was he born on my birthday? We might have a little too much in common. Male geminis I have learned are much diffrent though. Very.

So, needless to say there was no "Classic" weekend for me. My ass was in the house sneezing & sweating out Theraflu. Why does that stuff wake you in the middle of the night feeling crakish? I always wake up in a cold sweat with a serious dry mouth that water alone cant cure.

Did you know that most over the counter sleep aides are in fact just Benedryl? People would always laugh when I told them I took Benedryl to sleep. My absolute favorite allergy medicine. Plainly put: You sneeze, you take Benedryl, you sleep, you wake up, no sneeze. Who can complain? Which brings me to my next rant: IN-FUCKIN-SOM-NIA!

I cant sleep. No matter how hard I try. Thought about seeing a doctor while I still have this good ol' work provided insurance. I'm too lazy to look for a doctor in my network. It involves online & time. So, I went to visit my local Walgreens, looking like a damn idiot. I had on a shirt that would clearly show my rings under my shirt, some terrible Old Navy powder blue shorts, Tar-get flip flops, a headband, raggedy pony-tail, a jacket, my glasses, & a purse that clearly does not go with my outfit of shitdom. Im patrolling the self meds section & WTF?!? You mean all this time I have been taking Benedryl when I buy these expensive ass sleeping pills? So, I go pick up the Benedryl. It has 25mg per pill.

Benedryl: 25mg per pill. 25x3=75 = no sleep anymore

Sominex: 50mg per pill. 50x2=100 = we shall freaking see

Wal-nex: 50mg per pill. (Same active ingredients+ 3 bucks cheaper) = Sold!

I proceeded to then go ask the Pharmacist if there was any over the counter that had more that fifty milligrams. You would have thought he thought I was a crackhead. What he doesnt realize is I havent slept through the night in over 3 days. Screw you. How dare you judge me?



At least Im not Tyrone Biggums. At least I didnt sell your house to have a $250,000 crack party...LOL. I just want to go to sleep. Seriously...

The Wal-nex did work. I just wonder how long it will be before I have to increase my dosage by another 50mg. I slept like a baby. Roxy was all warm. She was probably just happy I actually slept. She would usually come from under the covers & stare at me like, Woman, will you stop moving please! I envied her in all her doggie freedom...the damn snoring and all. Yes, my dog snores. All 5 lbs of her. Loudly.

So, my seemingly quiet neighborhood is not all quiet these days. I live in B-wood which is a small affluent suburb in Nashville. The last past few nights it has been the "Ski-mask" way around these parts.




Part of the reason I dont sleep. (Que Cee-lo's song "The Night-time")

[Cee-lo]
Late in the evening
there is the thieving and the trickin and the trappin
and they ain't actin
We make it happen
We'll get the guns on anyones and get to clappin'

The nightlife the dark side of the city
Gon' be on 24 inches and be defenseless
The nightlife the dark side of my heart
Where no one really knows you and no one supposed you
The nightlife the dark side of my soul
Where if somebody crossed you, kill 'em up off you
The nightlife the dark side of the moon
Where the sun is scared to come

Take me where the darkness is still beautiful

The night is gonna getcha
ahh it's gonna getcha
The night is gonna getcha

[End]

That's how it's been feeling lately. People are getting real desperate around here. All I can do is pray and try to not worry so much. I do think that they are targeting Hispanic families that live on the other side of my neighborhood. They havent really ventured down my way yet mainly because it is patrolled constantly by police. They think it is the same guys & they are getting pretty bold. They did three apartments yesterday & they shot a teenage boy in the foot. Man...I think to myself sometimes & I just shake my head. I have been so blessed in my life but the people who have nothing to live for but the day to day: They simply scare me. Mainly, because they are ruthless in pursuit of the things that they think that they need.

Im just ranting now. I need to get back to work. Peace & Safety. We need it these days.

Lock your doors! The recession is fucking with people's rational thinking.

Love.

No comments: