Thursday, September 18, 2008

Songs That I Am Ashamed to Say I Enjoyed...

There are times when I put my Ipod on shuffle. I have about 3,000 songs roughly, so it can get pretty scary. Here is a list of currently shuffled songs that made me chuckle or look puzzled when played.

10. Terrance Howard aka Dee Jay, Maine! Dee Jay!(that's how Taraji P Henson said he like it spelled out on his chain)- Whoop That Trick- Hustle & Flow Soundtrack
This song is about the worst thing I have ever heard, but it is absolutely hilarious if you partake in things of the green variety. The movie was even funnier. "Im in chaaaarrrgggge" kept me lauging for at least 2 hours, which is about the length of the movie. This song is about how all Memphis music sounds. Guilty pleasure: Actually saying "Whoop that Trick" in a crowded Memphis club.

9. Sisqo- The Thong Song- Unleash the Dragon
Wow. "Dumps like a truck, truck, truck. Thighs like what, what, what. All night longggg. Let me see that thonggggg." I was about 16 & used to frequent teeny bopper clubs in Memphis. I used to sweat to this joint & I was wearing my thong th-thong th-thong too!

8. The Pack- Vans
I dont even wear sneakers at all, yet alone Vans, so I really should not have been rocking to this at all. I have one pair of Nike Shox & they are as clean as the day I bought them. I cant relate.

7. Ghetto Twinz- Responsibility
I laugh at this song. My homegirl & I used to recite this like we were going through it ourselves. "Well if I didn't write rhymes, where the hell I'd be, and if I didn't pay rent, where the hell I'd sleep. I ain't depending on my man cause he ain't worth it, and if I did depend on mine I'll be a stuck out chick. I keep my eyes on my riches, women do the same. Ain't no love in this game ain't a damn thing changed."
Right. Who remembers this song? I need to be shot.













6.Alicia Keys- No One- As I Am
Yeah, I know. People really liked this song. I did too, but it quickly fizzled. They played this song wayyy too much. This is how the hate started. I remember my girl had some friends in town & we all decided to kick it at my house. They bought the beer but forgot something at the store. I told him I would ride with him. Do you know this dude blasted that song from his Impala speakers? I mean singing and tapping the steering wheel full on. Alicia was literally raping my poor eardrums at a rapid pace. THE SONG WAS ON REPEAT! We got back to my house & he asked was it on my Ipod. Update: He went in the store to get condoms. I didnt get the memo that beer makes the panties fall. FAILED MISSION.

5. Young Dro- My Girl - Best Thang Smokin
Oh, yeah! Retro "I Kissed a Girl". Be it that I have actually had a girl & a guy this was particularly funny to me. The line "We be ballin, you be callin. Why you over there again?" Ahahaha. I could just see a guy asking that shit....because that girl over there is doing stuff that you dont know how to do...haha.

4. Webbie- Gimme That- Savage Life
I should be so ashamed for the rights of women for shaking my toosh to this & similar Webbie jams. He was insiting that if I didnt give it to him, he was just going to take it anyway. "You know you want it girl. Dont act like you dont want. Girl, you want it just as bad I do." What if I really didnt actually "want" it? Whatever "it" is.

3.Plies- Shawty
I hate Plies. He's dumb. "Soon as I seen her, shit, told her I'd pay for it." Pay for what exactly? Im not sure. Now, in the video he payed some girl's rent who had received an eviction notice. Im assuming she slept with him after that.

2. J-Lo- All My Love- That Was Then, This Is Now
J-Lo cant sing. (Jaime Fox said it best in his comedy special) Listening to it now was like hearing nails on a chalkboard. LL Cool J was the best thing that happened to this song & his part wasnt anymore dope than her cooing. It was origionally done by Debra & Ronnie Laws & it should have been left that way.

1. Lil Flip- The Way We Ball- Underground Legend
Maybe music has got faster but this song is extremely slow & remedial. I blame it on the syzzurp. "I'm Lil' Flip, I'm back on the scene, freestyle king. Brand new piece, same byzentine. I'm still sippin lean, I'm still watchin "Scream". I love wearin platinum, but my favorite color's green. I'm hoppin out Ferraris, my house is three stories. I'm still independent cause Jive couldn't afford me. The meetings were boring, for real I was snoring." What the fuck? I could have made that shit up myself.

Honorable mentions:

Trina featuring Kelly Rowland- Here We Go
Young Joc- It's Going Down
The Spice Girls- 2 Become 1
Bow Wow featuring Chris Brown- Shorty Like Mine
Yo Gotti- Shawty
Maceo- Hoe Shit Down

Hope you enjoyed.

No comments: